Free Entry Offers at National Park Service
We understand that a lot of time and effort can go into planning an RV or camping trip. You must decide where you want to go, what to do when you get there, what to eat, and how much it will cost.
However, in the year 2015, the National Park Service is waiving entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees at over 100 national parks in an effort to boost tourism. You may still have to pay for reservations, camping, and use of concessions.
Starting in January on Martin Luther King Jr. Day the National Park Service presents free admission, followed by Presidents Day Weekend in February. Next in April, for the start of National Park Week you'll get free admission to National Parks across the country. After this, August offers National Park Service Birthday and in late September NPS grants free admission for National Public Lands Day. Finally, NPS offers free dates for Veterans Day Weekend in November.
Mark your calendars for the following fee-free dates later this year:
- January 19, 2015 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 14-16, 2015 - Presidents Day Weekend
- April 18-19, 2015 - Opening weekend of National Park Week
- August 25, 2015 - National Park Service Birthday
- September 26, 2015 - National Public Lands Day
- November 11, 2015 - Veterans Day