RV Lifestyle - Cold Weater Camping Tips
Camping in cold weather in your RV can be very enjoyable. However, please use these tips to ensure you stay safe and warm.
- Do your best to avoid sweating. Wear layers so you can adjust the amount of clothing based on your activity.
- Wear dark colors to attract the sun's warmth.
- Keep your flashlight batteries in your sleeping bag to extend their life.
- Wear wool, synthetic fleece or polypropylene. Avoid cotton because if it gets wet, it's difficult to dry.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing. It causes reduction of blood flow and warmth.
- Wear glove liners inside mittens for flexibility and warmth.
- Alcohol consumption results in rapid heat loss.
- Drink lots of liquids. Dehydration leads to reduced circulation, hypothermia and altitude sickness.
- Before bed, warm up by eating a candy bar, drinking something hot (no caffeine), standing by a fire or running in place.
- Take fire starters along or practice using your stove. Efficiency and preparation will make your trip go smoothly and comfortably.
Enjoy your winter camping!